Are You Looking for Something More?
Do you want to teach your children about their Christian faith, but need the support of a caring church?
Are you looking for a church community that doesn’t overwhelm you with its size?
Would you like to be in a church that takes the Bible seriously enough not to take it literally?
Would you like to explore your faith with thinking Christians – who don’t think they know all the answers?
Are you looking for something deeper in your journey of faith?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you are invited to check out our Christian Education opportunities at Peachtree Corners Christian Church, where our size means we are “small enough to know you, but big enough to grow you.”
Sunday School classes are offered for all ages. You are invited to make a commitment to "come and grow with us" as we get to know other people in our caring community and grow deeper in our relationship with God. All Sunday School classes meet from 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. on Sundays.
- Children's Sunday School – Children will explore the Bible passages that are part of each Sunday's worship using games, art, story and fun and "Feasting on the Word" curriculum.
- Youth Sunday School – This class is geared to middle and high school youth and uses studies, media, and current events to explore how the Bible is still the greatest guide to living!
- Good Age Bible Study (Adult Class) – Facilitated by class members, this class studies the Bible and discusses its impact on daily living.
- Real Spirituality for Real People – This class offers a place to question, learn, and grow as we explore the Bible and Christian practices, including book studies.
Children Worship & Wonder
During the 11 am worship hour, children ages 3 through-4th grade have the opportunity to experience an innovative Montessori-based program Children Worship & Wonder. Children begin worship with their parents, and after hearing a special message for children, they are dismissed for Children Worship & Wonder, designed to engage children through Bible stories and worshipful experiences that help them experience the presence of God.
Nursery and Safety
Our nursery is staffed by an experienced caregiver and is available during worship for infants through age 2. All of our staff, teachers, and volunteers who work with children and youth undergo regular background checks.
- Disciples Youth in Metro Atlanta – Youth in grades 6-12 meet monthly on Sundays from 4:30-7:00 pm with youth from other metro Disciples of Christ churches. By creatively partnering together, we are able to use the strengths of our churches to build relationships and faith-forming experiences for youth and their friends. Go to the FaceBook page “Disciples Youth in Metro Atlanta” for updates.
- IDEA Young Adults – This group of young adults, ages 21-39, meets monthly for dinner and discussion at a metro area restaurant on the north side of Atlanta. Discussions are informal and are often led by one of the area’s Disciples ministers. Here's a chance to re-group, a time to re-boot, a place to re-lax, and a time to re-focus! That's the IDEA in Georgia. To stay updated visit the FaceBook group “IDEA: Solutions for Better Living.”
- Disciples Women – While women of the church are actively involved in leadership and every area of ministry, women also participate in statewide and national Disciples Women’s events, including spring conferences and a fall retreat. Check the church calendar for upcoming events.
- Disciple Men – Men also participate in leadership and every area of ministry, as well as in statewide and national men’s events, including district gatherings, national conventions, and events like the annual day of service, “More Hands for God.” Check the church calendar to stay updated.
- GriefShare – this small group for persons who are grieving the death of a close family member or friend begins this fall on Monday evenings, Sept. 17-Dec. 10. For more information about this group, which combines video seminar, workbook, and discussion, go to GriefShare. To register, go to GriefShare Signup.
- Disciple Bible Study – this 10- to 34-week Bible study is offered periodically, with new sessions generally beginning in the fall or spring. Call the church for more information or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.